Ask any small business owner why they’re successful, and most will credit the people who helped and inspired them along the way. I’m no different — I wouldn’t be here today as the owner of a thriving small business credit and small business financing business without learning from many who went before me.
Here’s a look at 20 of the thought leaders (gurus) whose insights have helped me build LenCred into the valuable resource for business owners it is today. They’re listed alphabetically — I wouldn’t want to try to rank them, as they’re all great!
2. Ali Brown – Millionaire entrepreneur Brown is focused on helping women business owners succeed…but no reason the guys can’t listen in.
5. Erica Douglass – Made her first million at 26. Now she helps others with business, money, and investing advice. An inspiring young leader.
6. Melinda Emerson, “The SmallBizLady,” of SucceedAsYourOwnBoss.com – Her site is a great place to learn about entrepreneurial business ownership.
7. Greg Fisher of CreditScoring.com – This guy is obscure and has an edge, but he knows his stuff. It’s a great website for credit-related research and understanding, especially on controversial credit topics.
8. David Garland of The Rise To the Top – As his Twitter bio puts it, “The #1 non-boring resource for building your business smarter, faster, and cheaper.” I have to agree. His new book is Smarter, Faster, Cheaper: Non-Boring, Fluff-free Strategies for Marketing and Promoting Your Business.
9. Maren Kate of Escaping the 9to5 – A great, energetic, inspiring young entrepreneur to follow for those aiming to quit their day job and become entrepreneurs.
10. Steve Kelly – A pastor who continues to teach me that how we choose to think in life, and in business, is everything. This is the guy who said, when asked about the recession, “I just know I’m not joining it. Do you think God’s economy is in recession?” Of course it’s not.
11. Mark Kohler – This CPA and attorney is also a national speaker, author of Lawyers are Liars, and radio host. Kind of the complete package there, with solid advice on how to keep your business on track legally, and how to build your personal brand. He has quality content plus an entertaining and fun delivery and style.
13. Michael Port – Author, professional speaker and entrepreneur Port’s “Book Yourself Solid” program is pure marketing genius.
15. Chris Sacca, Twitter investor – Former Google Guy, he not only shows canny investing skill, but he recently biked across the USA. Guess it’s a combination of admiration and jealousy here.
18. Carol Tice of MakeaLivingWriting.com – I feel lucky to have longtime reporter and copywriter Tice’s help as I work on improving this blog. Her own blog was recently named one of the Top 10 Blogs for Writers.
19. John Ulzheimer, formerly of Credit.com, now with Smartcredit.com – The absolute king of credit, and there’s not a close second. He’s the only former industry insider (formerly with FICO and Equifax) who’s now on the outside doing consumer education.
20. Carrie Wilkerson of Barefoot Executive TV – If you prefer to learn via video, Wilkerson offers great tips on marketing and business leadership.
Apply For Funding!