When you properly obtain your small business financing you will not only take full advantage of the 6 Benefits of Borrowing the RIGHT Way but by ensuring that you maintain or improve your credit profile. More importantly, you don’t have to worry about one of the main reasons why businesses either can’t grow or fail completely: lack of access to capital.
This series is ripped from the pages of our most popular and most requested Free Whitepaper 6 Benefits of Borrowing the RIGHT Way.
According to the National Federation of Independent Business,
- – 79% of small business owners use credit cards. Additionally, according to the Meredith Whitney Advisory Group, 82% of small business owners use credit cards as a vital part of their overall funding strategy.
So, depending on who you listen to, about 4 out of every 5 small business owners are using credit cards and probably on a consistent basis to start, build, and grow their businesses.
It is estimated that:
- – Less than 15% of those small business owners are using their credit cards the right way to get all the benefits out of them and ensure their future success.
This means, among other things, that they use the wrong credit cards, they damage their credit profiles and FICO scores, and they limit their ability to acquire additional financing in the future.
By learning the 6 Benefits of Borrowing the RIGHT Way small business owners will be able to:
- – Access additional Capital
- – Separate their personal and business credit
- – Achieve or maintain excellent personal credit as they build their business
- – Find Cash-Flow friendly loans and lines of credit
- – Minimize their interest expenses
- – Maximize their tax benefits
When you properly obtain your financing you will not only take full advantage of the 6 Benefits of Borrowing the right way but by ensuring that you maintain or improve your credit profile, you’ll ensure your ability to obtain additional capital in the future as your business grows.
More importantly, you don’t have to worry about one of the main reasons why businesses either can’t grow or fail completely: lack of access to capital. You can focus on what you do best\and grow your business.
When looking for “unsecured” capital for your business you want to have these goals in mind. Ideally, you would want to accomplish as many of these goals as possible.
1) Access Capital – This is the obvious (and to some people the ONLY) goal when looking for cash for your business. You need money to start, build, grow, or maintain your business so you need access to some capital. Pretty simple.
2) Separate, Preserve, and Improve your Personal & Business Credit – This process is like anything else…you can do it the right way or you can do it the wrong way. The RIGHT way is to separate your personal & business so that all or most of the business loans and lines of credit do not show up onyour personal credit report.
There are some circumstanceswhere you will actually benefit if some creditlines appear on your personal credit as well but this depends on a few different variables and each person’ssituation is different. This is not one size fits all.
3) Achieve (or Maintain) Excellent Personal Credit Profile – This means you want to keep your high FICO scores, maintain low DTI’s (debt to incomeratios), have a low credit card utilization percentage (since this is 30% of your FICO score), & keep aminimal amount of inquiries on your credit report.
This concludes part 1 of the series, Stay tuned for Part 2 to better understand the benefits on how to properly obtain a Small Business Loan or Unsecured Business Lines of Credit. If you would like to read the 6 Benefits of Borrowing the RIGHT Way click here.